The Green Acres Crew would like to thank everyone for a fun 2012 corn maze season! We closed out the season yesterday, Oct. 28th as hurricane Sandy added some wind to our sails.
We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to an exciting 2013 season!
We will begin selling Christmas trees the day after Thanksgiving. Come see us soon!
* Please scroll down for pricing and hours of operation *
Attention Green Acres Farm guests! We have added some addiitonal fun to our corn maze game this year! You can use MAZE TRIVIA to help find your way through the corn maze OR you can enter a code (or scan a code) with your smart phone to track that you have found the check points! If you prefer the traditional paper punch cards, we will still have those on site as well. If you want to be prepared ahead of time to use your phone as a virtual punch card, just upload a QR scanner app. on your phone. (I know that the iPhone QR scanner app. is free.) TEACHERS or GROUPS - you might want to create 10 questions for your students to answer through the Green Acres maze. If they answer correctly, they will be sent in the correct direction. See the link in the "group" section below for this option. (Scouts - we have trivia for you too!)
Would you like to take a virtual tour of our farm? Come on in ...
View Larger Map
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR HOURS, PRICES, AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (such as what we have to OFFER and what is included in your admission price).
We will open Saturday, September 15th at 9am.
Last day of the 2012 season, October 31st. Last day open to the public October 28th.
Here is our 2012 Corn Maze design. We hope you will enjoy it!
(Photo compliments of Preston Development Company)
Attention all TROOPS!
We have Green Acres patches this year!
Bring you troop and conquer the maze and you will earn your patches. (Wear your uniforms and enter the maze for $6.)
Follow us on Twitter: Click HERE.
Public Admission Prices:
- $10 per person
- Children 3 and under are FREE
- $8 per person if in a group of 20 (paying) people or more. You MUST enter WITH your group to receive this rate. (Large groups may contact us during the week to prepurchase your tickets to speed your entry process.)
- $8 for seniors 60 and over.
- $6 for military with current ID cards.
- $6 for scouts, troops, tribes and leaders in uniforms/vests/T-shirts
- $25 for a season pass ticket.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: MasterCard, Visa, and Discover cards; Cash; and Checks.
Hours we are open to the PUBLIC:
Friday: Ticket office opens at 4pm and closes at 9pm -- allowing guests to remain here until 10pm.
Saturday: Ticket office opens at 9am and closes at 9pm -- allowing guests to remain here until 10pm.
Sunday: Ticket office opens at 11am and closes at 6pm. We close our farm at 7pm on Sundays.
Green Acres Farm Corn Maze Guests: During the weekdays, we are closed to the public, but will open for school groups and stay at home Mom groups. By appointment only.
School/Home School/Office Group Prices DURING THE WEEK:
- $8 per person (including chaperones), however SCHOOL teachers are free (this applies for public/private school teachers since they are attending out of obligation to their school and not necessarily by choice). The "Free for 3 and under" rate does NOT apply for group rates during the week. We do charge for any children who are old enough to walk (ages 2 and 3 - $3) since we are opening for your group to enjoy the farm. Thank you for understanding.
- Each group may spend 2 hours enjoying the farm and picnic areas. We ask that you respect the time of the other groups invited to our farm by arriving and leaving at the time assigned to your group. THANK YOU in advance.
- PLEASE be sure to BRING WATER for the children during the week. We do not have water fountains here.
- Each CHILD coming with a school group during the week will receive a free pumpkin. We cannot give each adult a free pumpkin too. Sorry.
- ATTENTION TEACHERS/EDUCATORS/GROUPS! New this year! You may click on this link http://www.mazetrivia.com/viewmaze.php?id=77 to create a game tailored to the subjects you are discussing in your classroom. You may create 10 questions with incorrect and correct answers. After you have created the 10 questions, you will PRINT your own copies of the questionnaire for your class. Please remember to bring your copies because we will not have a printer available on the farm.
Weekday hours are for SCHOOL/HOME SCHOOL/OFFICE GROUPS ONLY.
- Monday - Friday
- 9:30am through 3:30pm - by APPOINTMENT only. We only open the maze for the two hour slot assigned to your group and immediately close after the scheduled group leaves.
School/Home Groups/Office parties during the week are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact us at . Please provide a phone number where you may be reached.
WARNING: WE DO NOT HAVE ANYONE in the lift over the maze during the week to help you exit. However, we have added additional exits to the maze to help you escape. You shouldn't have any problems.
What is included in your admission price?
- Corn maze
- Hay rides
- Hay mounds/tunnels
- Inflatable bounce houses
- Inflatable barn yard for ages 4 and under
- Sand pile
- Strikers to hit
- Spider web to climb
- Bessie the milk cow
- Corn hole games
- Tractors and bulldozers to climb
- Firetrucks visit on Sept. 15th & 16th and Oct. 20th & 21st from 1pm to 5pm. They plan to be on the farm during these times, but if they have an emergency they will need to leave (thank you advance for understanding).
What additional activities do we have for you to enjoy?
- Face painting ($4 - full face)
- Pony rides ($5)
- Mechanical bull ($5)
- Vintage train ($5)
- Horse rides ($10 for 30 minute ride on trail)
- Goats to feed for 25 cents.
- Pumpkins range from $2 to $15 depending on the size.
- Food and beverages
Green Acres Farm Corn maze RULES:
- NO SMOKING ON FARM. Hay and dry corn don't mix well with fire!
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- NO pets allowed.
- All children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- NO running in the maze.
- Allow an average of 60 minutes to find all check points.
- DO NOT pick, pull, throw, or damage the corn or other objects within the maze.
- Do not take any corn from our maze. We will harvest the corn in November to feed our cows.
- PLEASE stay on the maze paths.
- DO NOT cross any rows of corn and ruin the fun for other guests.
- Paths are bumpy. Please watch your step.
A special thanks to our Premium Sponsor: MI HOMES.
Please visit them at www.mihomes.com.
We would also like to thank our other sponsors:
- Apex Accounting 919-362-6908
- Carpenter Farm Supply 919-467-1511
- Cedar Fork Landscaping 919-812-2724
- Donald Tingen, Inc. 919-524-8752
- DLH Trucking 919-460-9114
- ECO Turf Inc. http://ecoturf.net
- Fidelity Bank http://fidelitybanknc.com
- Gregory Poole Equipment Co. www.gregorypoole.com
- Hopkins Oil Company www.hopkinsoil.com
- J. Alan Campbell Law www.jalancambelllaw.com
- Kennon, Craver, Belo, Craig, and McKee - Attorneys at Law www.kennoncraver.com
- Preston Development Company 919-481-3000
- Quality Equipment Co. 919-346-5410
- R.W. Moore Equipment Co. www.rwmooreequip.com
T. M. Engineering, Inc. http://tmengineering.org
- Wake Stone Corp. 919-677-0050 www.wakestonecorp.com